“If we have the ability to help an animal in need, then we are morally obligated to do so”
Extinct is Forever!
We are located just west of Barrie, Ontario in Canada.
We are a volunteer driven non-profit organization dedicated to the survival of rare and endangered species. We are also involved in humane wildlife rescue and rehabilitation of animals involved in public concerns, and as always, we provide a safe haven for unwanted, abused and injured exotic and zoo surplus animals.
Bear Creek Sanctuary is not open
to the general public.
New video posted on our YouTube channel! Kyra and Cole, brother and sister Siberian tigers, play on a warm fall day at Bear Creek. Go see!
November 27, 2012
November 12, 2012
Baloo is in his new partial enclosure! Werner and Mary and crew built the winter part of his enclosure so he could go outside, but we still have a lot to build for him. Please donate to the Build For Baloo fund so we can finish his outside stuff! He's going to be a big, big boy!
Photo courtesy of Stephanie Russell Baigent
We are delighted to announce a new permanent resident, baby bear Baloo! He started out as a foster but we've decided he needs to stay with us. And as such we need to build a new outdoor enclosure for him. He's growing FAST so we need to get this done before winter. You can help by donating to our "Build for Baloo" Enclosure Fund. 100% of the money donated through the Build for Baloo page will go directly for his enclosure. So go see the page and please help if you can!
Your Pets' Ten Commandments
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends,
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so. ALWAYS!
The above article was written by ©Stan Rawlinson (The Original Doglistener).
Bear Creek Exotic Wildlife Sanctuary has always lived by these rules. But we've never seen them written so well.
All images and content in this website are Copyright protected © 2004-2013, Bear Creek Exotic Wildlife Sanctuary,
Andrzej Taramina, Dana Taramina, Beth Grace, Alanna Davis and Stephanie Russell-Baigent.
All Rights Reserved.
Any unauthorized use of images or content from this site will be prosecuted.